|Essex County Virginia
The Essex County Emergency Shelter located at:
Essex Intermediate School,
912 Intermediate School Circle, Tappahannock.
Click for MAP
Non-ambulatory persons with special medical needs who require shelter should contact the Essex County Emergency Operations Center at 443-5805 or 443-4519 for further information.
ITEMS TO BRING WITH YOU:
• Pillows and pillowcases for each person.
• Board games for entertainment.
• Special items for infants (clothes, diapers, milk or formula, water to mix with dry formula, powder, bottles and nipples, food, small toys, blankets, portable crib, etc.).
• Personal hygiene items such as towels, washcloths, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant and feminine supplies.
• prescription medications and any other medical supplies.
• Snacks, comfort food and special dietary needs.
• Reading and writing materials.
• Flashlight with batteries.
• Change of clothes, including rain gear, sturdy shoes, and extra socks and underwear.
• Extra pair of glasses or contacts, and contact lens case and solution.
• Special items for elderly or disabled family members.
DO NOT BRING.....
• Illegal Drugs
• Any form of Weapon
You will not be allowed in the shelter with any of these items